Camp Tanadoona is an authentic summer camp located in the southwest suburbs between Chanhassen and Excelsior MN.
3300 Tanadoona Drive
Excelsior, MN 55331
The lodge and cabins are where campers really make themselves at home. Every camper gets their own personal space in their cabin with a bunk-bed and cubby. The campers will all be staying in the Bluebird Lodge. The lodge sleeps up to 32 so there will be plenty of room for everyone. Bathrooms & shower houses are located in the cabin circle group.
Things to bring to camp:
• Completed signed waiver forms
• Any rock band instrument you have, guitar, bass guitar or keyboard with speakers
• I-Pod or CD with your favorite song(s) for classroom use
• Clothing: Comfortable pants and/or shorts, t-shirts and/or tank tops, light jacket and/or sweatshirt, bathing suit, sleepwear, hat, poncho (optional), socks, underwear
• Shoes: Comfortable sneakers, flip flops (extra pair of shoes that can get wet)
• Clothes for the Show: Something special you would like to wear for performance? (ie. leggings, boa, costume, hat, glasses. etc)
• Shower Items: Towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap (a mesh shower bag or a large zip lock bag is handy to keep everything together)
• Personal Toiletries: Toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, deodorant, lotion, insect repellent, sunscreen, lip balm, (zip lock bags are priceless)
• Small garbage bag (or grocery bag) to put your soiled
• Bedding: Sleeping bag or sheet & blanket & a pillow
• Money to deposit into a camp account at registration for use at the Camp Store
• Snacks (optional - camp provides three healthy meals & snacks - parents discretion)
• Medications (Must be in their original pharmacy bottle identified with campers name & dosing instructions. Please send only enough for the days spent at camp.) All medications will be kept locked up until they are disbursed daily.
*See the medication forms on the Camp Tanadoona site at time of registration.
• Disposable camera (optional - write your name on it)
Please do not bring:
• cell phones
• video games
• laptops or other electronics
Tasiago Lodge is the dining hall where overnight campers converge for meals. Campers also enjoy cookouts outdoors.
Campers wake-up to a breakfast with their cabin group.
A typical breakfast includes scrambled eggs, hash browns, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, juice or milk.
A typical lunch includes a chicken patty, spanish rice, fruit, salad bar, milk or juice.
Cabin groups enjoy a family-style meal with platters of food passed around the table. Counselors lead groups in talking about themselves with conversation starters like, what rock artist do you think you are most like? Rock n Roll trivia...
A typical dinner includes spaghetti, caesar salad, bread sticks, fruit, milk or juice and brownie for dessert.